If you are new to our journey, start here first!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Tired

Ya'll know I keep it real around here.  And I know I run the risk of sounding whiney and selfish, because there are MANY others who have been waiting longer than we have to bring their precious child(ren) home.  But I am tired.  Tired of waiting week after week for paperwork that should have been here months ago.  Tired of checking my e-mail religiously, looking for that next update.  Tired of wondering how we are going to fund the remaining costs involved in this adoption.  Tired of second guessing myself.  Just. plain. tired.  But then I remember...

"Come to me, all ye who are weary and heavy-burdened, and I will give you rest."

It's in HIS hands...

post signature

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

My heart aches with you. One lesson I learned during our wait is that whether or not someone else has been waiting longer, it doesn't change our own emotions. Being separated from our child(ren) for any length of time is just unnatural and painful. I'm so sorry it is taking so long. Love you, sis.

Michele said...

You have said exactly how I feel. I can't even talk about it right now. I know in my head and in my heart that God is in control but I am still aching to go pick up my little girl.

BTW- no ornament yet, maybe Monday.

Annie said...

Oh Terri. I feel for you and I don't even have any wise or inspirational words to say today. There is no good reason why your little girl should wait this long to come home to you. I will be praying.