If you are new to our journey, start here first!

Friday, June 19, 2009

Discouragement

I have been reading several adoption blogs recently where all that is holding up the adoption is "red tape" and/or finances. So far we haven't run into "red tape", but I sure can relate to the finances. On days like today I wonder if we shouldn't just give up on this dream, because it just seems too impossible. I only have limited resources for fundraising, and, to be quite frank, I'm tired of asking for money. The only thing that really keeps me going is that I know God is able, and He could provide the money tomorrow if He wanted to. So, I plug along, but not always happily. It's just one of those days.

I know God is able to bring Sophia home, but...

post signature

2 comments:

Robin said...

Hang in there Terry. Adoption is such a rollercoaster ride and the dips come when you least expect them too. The financial part is stressful and just adds to the highly emotional journey. Thinking of you as you hit this bump in the road

www.ababygirlforus.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog today. I have been having some of the same feelings...but God is able to do infinitely more than we might ask or think! (Eph. 3:20)