If you are new to our journey, start here first!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Jehovah Jireh

Jehovah Jireh, the God who provides, has been our sustenance through the last three years as we have journeyed along our Silk Road to Sophia.  Using a huge garage sale and bake sale, Pampered Chef and other home parties, Christmas ornaments, t-shirts, poetry books, cookbooks, and many, many donations from families and friends, God has provided.  Oftentimes He provided at the last minute and the exact amount that we needed.  We have never had a huge surplus in our bank account just waiting for us to need it (as much as I would have like that at times!).  Instead, He asked us to trust Him each step of the way, and He stretched our faith time and again as we saw Him provide over and over again.

We are now down to less than three weeks before we travel, and we are shy just under $2000 to have our adoption paid in full, including travel.  Two thousand dollars may sound like a lot, but I'm not worried.  When we started this journey we had nothing, and God has supplied nearly $20,000--so $2000 is a drop in the bucket!  To anyone considering adoption but daunted by the cost--don't be.  When God calls you to do something, He equips you to do it--in all the ways that you need to be equipped!

I have found myself reminiscing a lot the closer we get to bringing Sophia home.  This adoption journey has been so much more than a journey to bring home a child.  It has been a journey of faith that has brought me closer to my Heavenly Father, who adopted me.  I am so thankful for the journey and what it has taught me.  While I may not need to rely on God for adoption finances after we bring our daughter home, I know I will need to rely on Him for grace, courage, and wisdom as we raise our daughter and her four brothers.

And so our journey continues...


post signature

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful stated and certainly true!