If you are new to our journey, start here first!

Friday, May 27, 2011

Two Weeks (minus one day!) and Counting...

Yesterday was two weeks and counting until we leave for Taiwan!  It was a busy and emotional day as I led my kindergarten in their graduation, including my own son, Benjamin.  My how time flies!  But another "to do before we leave" item is checked off my mental list, and that feels great!  My kindergarten children are now done with school for the year, so while the older kids finish up next week, I will dismantle my classroom and check yet another item off my list!

My parents were up for graduation yesterday, so we discussed the childcare plans with them for our trip. They will be watching three of our boys for a good portion of the time we are away, then have all four for a weekend, and then back to three for a couple of days before we return.  Our older boys' summer camps coincide with our trip, so they will be duly occupied.  If you think about it, though, pray for my parents as they are not used to the daily routine of caring for little ones anymore!

Dave is home, too, for the weekend, after a 2 1/2 week trip to Indiana.  We have been able to discuss some of our thoughts regarding our upcoming transition to five children, and he seems so much more calm about it than I do!  Basically, he's expecting the worst and will be pleasantly surprised otherwise.  I'm trying not to have any expectations--we make a good pair, I guess!

It's almost surreal to think that after three years of planning, waiting, preparing, and wondering, we are almost to the point of meeting our daughter.  God is good!  Soon I will be able to post her photos and introduce her to you...I can't wait for you to "meet" her!

Expecting a blessing...

post signature

1 comment:

Annie said...

I can't believe it is finally happening! You are leaving in little more than a week!!!! So exciting! Will you blog from Taiwan?? HOpe so!