If you are new to our journey, start here first!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Increase My Faith!

This past week we were at a Bible conference in upstate New York. It was a great time of rest and relaxation. We heard some great preaching/teaching, and spent time with some dear friends. On Tuesday, the conference center has a ladies' luncheon. The speaker spoke on faith. I was really touched by how she and her husband have stepped out by faith over the 40+ years of their marriage, and how they have seen God show up in really big ways. After she spoke, I told her about our adoption efforts, and how we are trusting God to supply our financial needs. I told her that her words had encouraged me anew to keep the faith. I know my God is big enough to meet ALL of our adoption needs!

At the end of her testimony, the speaker on Tuesday had us sing an old hymn that I have sung many times. But the words really struck a chord with me this time...especially the second verse. The hymn is entitled "His Eye is on the Sparrow":


Why should I feel discouraged, why should the shadows come, Why should my heart be lonely, and long for heaven and home, When Jesus is my portion? My constant friend is He: His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me; His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

Chorus:
I sing because I’m happy, I sing because I’m free, For His eye is on the sparrow, And I know He watches me.


“Let not your heart be troubled,” His tender word I hear, And resting on His goodness, I lose my doubts and fears; Though by the path He leadeth, but one step I may see (emphasis mine!); His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me; His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.


Whenever I am tempted, whenever clouds arise, When songs give place to sighing, when hope within me dies, I draw the closer to Him, from care He sets me free; His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me; His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me.

I really want to write a check for the entire adoption agency fee and surprise my agency when they open my letter...I have hesitated to write a check for half of it, thinking that perhaps God will supply in a miraculous way. If God's eye is on the little sparrow, then I know He is also watching me, and He knows just how and when and from where our funds will come. Will you pray for my faith to be increased? Thanks!

"Faith is believing what God SAYS HE WILL DO...He will supply all my needs in Christ Jesus!"

post signature

1 comment:

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

That is a beautiful song! Keep the faith! He knows your needs to the PENNY and He WILL provide it at the precise moment.

I know its difficult not knowing when or if you will be able to meet the next financial deadline. I had many sleepness nights during our journey. But the donations always came where and when I least expected them..but always in HIS timing!

Godspeed to your precious one!
Blessings,
Robin