If you are new to our journey, start here first!

Thursday, June 2, 2011

One Week and Counting...

I can hardly believe I just typed that title...in one week we will be boarding a plane for Taiwan!  Woo-hoo!  This past week I finished up my duties at Blue Mountain Christian School, so aside from participating in graduation tomorrow night, I am once again a full-time SAHM (stay at home mom).  This time around I feel a sense of relief and excitement, as I know what I'm getting into, and I'm looking forward to it immensely.  It will be wonderful to be able to spend time at home with our "Littles" as I'm calling the younger three (since I can no longer say "little boys" as opposed to the "big boys"), and run our household without working.  God is good!

Many have asked about our itinerary while in Taiwan.  Here is a summary for you so that you can be praying on specific days.  (Remember that we will be 12 hours ahead of EST, so adjust from these dates accordingly...or just pray and God knows!)

Thursday, June 9 - Leave for Taiwan at 9:45 p.m. from Newark, NJ

Saturday, June 11 - Arrive in Taipei, Taiwan at 5:45 a.m. (Taiwan time...will be 5:45 p.m. on Friday EST)

Monday, June 13 - Take train to Taichung and MEET SOPHIA!!!!!  (We will spend the next few days in Taichung helping her acclimate to us.  We are very much looking forward to meeting her foster family!)

Thursday, June 16 - Return to Taipei

Friday, June 17 - AIT (Visa) appointment

Monday, June 20 - Leave for U.S. and arrive in Newark, NJ at 9:45 p.m. (Same day we left since we will be going backwards 12 hours!  Weird, huh?)

Tuesday, June 21 - Meet the rest of the family and return to PA!

We are very thankful to our parents and some family friends who are helping with childcare while we are away.  Please pray for them, as they are not used to kids 24/7!  Our oldest, Jonathan, will be at camp the week we are away, so pray for safety and spiritual growth for him.  Sabastian, the next in line, leaves for camp on Father's Day, so he will not actually meet his sister until we pick him up on Friday, June 24.  Can you keep that all straight?  I'm trying, but it's hard!!

Dave will be home in PA with us until the weekend, and then he will return to Indiana for the work week beginning June 27.  Please pray that our house will sell soon so that we can all be together in Indiana.  This travel business is for the birds!

I will definitely be blogging from Taiwan, so stay tuned!  I may not write as often as I hope to, but it all depends on how things go.  I promise to post a picture of Sophia as soon as I'm able, though!  Our agency has asked us not to do it until we travel, but that's next Thursday, right?  (Hint...hint!)

With an overflowing heart of gratitude and anticipation...

post signature

2 comments:

Lomdím said...

So excited for you guys¡ I wish we were closer to help out with the boys and meet Sophia sooner. Enjoy your last week of parenting only boys... :)
Love, Jenn

apple of his eye said...

Dave, Terri and family...So VERY happy for you all. Can't wait to see pictures of your little princess!