If you are new to our journey, start here first!

Monday, June 6, 2011

Our Baby Girl

One week from today we will meet our baby girl for the very first time.  I am so excited for that moment, but it's definitely a nervous excitement.  I have been brushing up on some reading regarding bonding and attachment, and am trying to wrap my mind around this whole idea of taking a little person from the only family she really knows--not to mention language, customs, smells, food, etc., etc.--and having her become a part of our family without damaging her psyche.  I know it has been done thousands of times over, but it's still hard to comprehend!

Tonight I am getting out a suitcase and starting to pack.  I have been purchasing and collecting things we might need for awhile, but now the moment of truth--can we pack wisely and keep the weight limit where it needs to be!  I am notorious for overpacking (the "just in case" syndrome!) but we don't want to have our hands too full with luggage when we come home with Sophia.  I am so thankful for adoptive families who have gone before us and have given us their packing lists and nuggets of wisdom.  (Thanks, Mandi, Michele, and Robin!)

Just for fun, I leave you with another early photo of our baby girl.  Today I made her first pediatrician appointment for a few days after we get home.  She's becoming more and more of a reality every day!


I can't wait to see this beautiful face in person!

post signature

1 comment:

Heidi Shirk said...

The week is here! We're so excited for your family, and praying for your travels.